Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So far in branson

Our first two days in Branson have been non stop swimming, junk food, and coffee. There is a great pool at the Welk resort that is like crack to the kids. There is no such thing as a leisurely half hour swim before you start your day. Everything revolves around the next trip to the glorious water. Also coming during the off season is a smart move too... The pool, hot tub, slide and exercise room (which i actually made it to once) are completely empty.










This is me using off camera flash next to the slide to make the kids pics a little more interesting. You can tell the people at the resort aren't used to this setup and don't appreciate you standing on chairs to get the perfect artistic shot. When the come and tell you to get down you feel like the kids that get shouted at for actually standing up on the middle of the slide.

Today, in between pool trips, we made a trip to Branson Landing. We ate at Macaroni grill and it was pretty good. I do feel that it was slightly off what it normally is as far as quality. I've eaten there quite a few and usually get the penne rustica which is a shrimp/chicken/penne combo with a Marsala wine cream sauce. When I order food (especially at a place I've never been) I usually tell the waiter to bring me whatever is best. I figure they should have an idea what people order most frequently and if it sucks I usually won't go back. Today the waitress gave me "chicken under a brick" which is basically a deboned chicken half (very skillfully done I might add) and put on the grill under.. You guessed it, a big ol brick.

The chicken was cooked nicely. Tender and all, but really it's hard to impress me with chicken really because I eat a lot of chicken. It tasted great, but probably wouldn't order it again. My wife ordered the penne rustica and unfortunately it was missing that nice cream sauce that it usually has. The marsala wasn't really present as far as the taste goes... It was kinda like they didn't really have the actual sauce made so the poured some Alfredo sauce on top instead. It tasted good, but wasn't what it should be.

We next made a trip to bath and body works which was funny to me considering I own a soap company and get compared to them all the time. There was a couple of funny things i saw in there.









The first was their new "classic" line for men. I thought it was pretty funny thinking new and classic shouldn't in my mind go together.









The second was this guy buying stuff dragging around his pocket dog in the store. I like dogs mind you, but I don't think of them as people. I know that they are little barking butt licking food swipers. When people drag them around other people and act like their dog has rights inside stores... it kinda bugs me.

After that we went to 24 karrot cafe which actually makes a killer slice of carrot cake and cinnamon rolls are great too. FYI... My favorite carrot cake ever is located at The Dilly Deli in tulsa's blue dome district. It is crazy!, but for a good classic piece, the 24 karrot is defiantly up there.

So that was it for today. Tomorrow we are scheduled for silver dollar city.


No comments:

Post a Comment